Note: Not all steps will fit all situations.....Please Use what fits your situation and be sure to consult professionals if
you have questions.
SkiRacer: LESSON 3: Your Appointment Updated 10/30/15
Making the Appointment
Once we get the 800 numbers from Tony (Or EMails ) it will mean the RV has finally happened. If you want anything
but the international rates for either dinar or dong you must call the 800 number to make your appointment.
Info to have on hand for the call:
• your name,
• your zip code (i.e., zip code where you want to CE),
• an email address, (see below)
• the number of dinars AND dongs, AND ZIMs, etc you want to exchange,
• and the bank you want to use (Chase, Wells, TCB, USBank, etc.).
Dial *67 before calling the 800 number to block your telephone number from the call center.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT APPOINTMENTS:
• Each and every adult exchanging dinars will need their own private appointment, although married couples may
possibly go together. You are permitted to bring an advisor with you. You may not bring someone along who intends to
exchange their dinar at your appointment and pretend they are your advisor. If you have an LLC into which you are
exchanging, that is a new and separate name and requires its own appointment as I understand it.
• The zip code you provide is the zip where you wish to exchange. If you are on vacation you likely will not use
the zip code of your residence, but where you happen to be on vacation, or the zip code in a neighboring town where
you'd rather have your personal business known instead of at home. Whatever your reason, provide the zip of where
you want to exchange.
• Your email address should be one that you will delete immediately after the exchange. The bank will want to
keep in touch with you and be paid to sell your information to whomever is willing to pay. So protect yourself now.
• You need to give the number of dinars AND dongs, etc you have to exchange. We may get other instructions
with the package that you need separate appointments for different currencies, but have the info tidy and available to
"go with the flow" on the call if needed. If you and a spouse or child are splitting the dinars give the number you want
to exchange at THIS appointment.
There was some concern about only one appointment ever, but I think the UST has relented on that, but the full
package will explain that definitively I am hoping. TO be safe you should probably report the maximum you might
exchange so you are given to the proper level bank. (Not every branch has the same limits). We know nothing about
CE Centers or if they even exist!
• There are caps to get contract rates: 50M dinars, 50M dongs, $500M US $ in exchanged ZIMs. I am unaware of
caps at the international or market rates. Contract rates are still available and available to more people than Tony ever
• BE prepared to provide a phone number if asked, but I advise you to give a
throw-away phone number to protect your privacy.
• Write down the appointment time, place, address, date. Verify it back to the agent. Then put it in your cell phone
calendar, post on your fridge, put up signs so you do not miss it!
PREPARING FOR THE APPOINTMENT: DOCUMENTS, ACCOUNTS, ETC.
• 2 picture IDS, one being a passport or other proof of citizenship should you be asked. A birth certificate could
also work. YOu still need 2 picture IDs.
• Your bundles of dinar and dong, etc. I suggest you bundle them by type of currency, where obtained (bring your
Certificates of Authenticity if you acquired them from a dealer such as Sterling, a receipt if from a bank or FOREX,
etc.) You do not need your gift letter; that is for the IRS to substantiate the date upon which you acquired the currency.
I advise you to label each bundle, the amount of currency within, and ID each bundle.
I used an Excel spreadsheet showing the "packet ID" (my made up ID to reference my spreadsheet line), proper
number of currency type (e.g., 1 25000 dinar note or "50,000d #5-10,000 dinar notes"), when acquired, from where,
what bank it is going to and the account number into which it goes, and what that account is for in the future (i.e., taxes,
paying off bills, conservative investment, Mother Lode, charitable trust, etc.).
• Blue pen so your signature on paperwork is identifiable as original
• a calculator
• Reading glasses if you use them
• The amount of cash you want to walk out of the bank with. I advise against $9,999
because it is not likely the bank will be able to have so much hard cash on hand, even if they are anticipating a huge
demand. Be more realistic. Maybe $1000 will do?
• IF you plan to CE into a business entity, gather the documents showing the legal name, tax ID, letters of
incorporation. (I suggest opening the accounts prior to the appointment.)
Put all this into some kind of envelope or carrier. I used a Fed Ex envelope because I had one handy. Some of you may
need a briefcase! God bless you!
I advise against getting cashier's checks at the time of your Currency Exchange. Just complete the CE and get all your
receipts organized. Getting cashier's checks is a usual trip to the bank.
TO DO before Your Appointment but after making it
• Drive to the appointment site to check routes, timing, parking, etc.
• Get online and find out what the rates are internationally on FOREX,
, CBI, etc. so you are prepared.
• Call your chosen bank and ask their Foreign Exchange department what the contract rates are for US and China
for dinar and China for dong, etc, both high and low. Then ask these questions:
◦ Ask the bank if there will be a bank contract to sign and if you can see it ahead of time to study it.
◦ Ask what the fee will be.
◦ Ask what the rates you will be offered will be. Know what to expect and press the bank for the highest one you
have heard about in the package info. Get their name and note the date and time you obtained the info.
Make some decisions:
• Will you take an advisor with you? (You shouldn't really need one.)
• Will you take a higher rate in exchange for your leaving a percentage of your money with the bank for 6 months,
1 yr, or 2 yrs? The rates may go up by $1 per dinar for each of those time thresholds and the percentage amounts may
change as well. KNOW what you'll do and what is acceptable to you.
• At what level of $ per dinar will the NDA be worth it to you to take the contract rate?
• Do you need any "Proof of Funds" letters? If so in what denominations and how many?
• Remember you can move money to an account with checks and just pay things off via check. I HIGHLY
recommend that you have one account that you call the Mother Lode account where most of your funds are kept; this
account will have NO internet access, limited teller access, no checks, etc. Then you move funds to other accounts that
do have printed checks and from here you pay off mortgages, student loans, etc from this secondary account. You can
track all movements of funds from the Mother Lode to where and for what purpose historically.
• Do you want to add
"all rights reserved without prejudice"
above your signature? Research that now and decide.
• Know if you will allow your currency to leave your sight and under what circumstances. Do you need a signed
receipt by teller and manager or is teller sufficient? Will the receipt indicate how many dinars and dongs?
• Try to think about all the things that might come up.
ABOUT SIGNING FORMS
• I am worried about all the forms they want me to sign and they normally do it all electronically now. They shove
the screen in front of you and say, "Sign here. It just says you are who you say you are." I do not believe a word of it! I
ask for a printout of what I am to sign, I read every word, THEN I have them initial each and every page and to certify
in writing that my printout is indeed what I am signing electronically. Only THEN do I sign the paperwork and then I
instruct them to copy it for themselves and for me, duly signed by both sides.
REHEARSE WHAT YOU'LL SAY DURING CE:
• Rehearse what you will say during your CE. Do it in front of a mirror to practice looking professional and
• Practice asking for the contract rate, asking to see their screens, asking for a printout of this screen as a kind of
guarantee of a rate; do not be taken in by the bewilderment of your teller, nor let them run off for several minutes; ask
for them to printout the screen, give it to you, THEN run off if necessary.
• KNOW what you will do if they tell you they are sending your currency away for a week and KNOW what your
response will be.
• KNOW what you will do if they say their rate is $X and you expected twice that ($2X).
PLAN FOR THE EVENT:
• Plan what you will wear to the appointment and make sure it is at the ready (cleaned, pressed, etc.) down to the
color of socks and jewelry.
• Make an appointment with your CPA, tax attorney, and wealth manager.
• Practice your words and calmness. Behave with dignity but be firm. This is not the time for humor or jokes, but
it IS the time for premeditated action.
• Make up a story for how you came to have money to tell "the world." It can be anything but the truth! "I had a
long term investment that finally came through" is simple enough.
• Put that bottle of champagne into the fridge
The APPOINTMENT ITSELF
• Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
• Take your prepared envelope or briefcase with packets, account numbers, pen, calculator, IDs, glasses,
• Show up well ahead of the appointed hour to accommodate traffic, parking, moments to gather yourself, say a
little prayer, etc.
• Practice being gracious and look like you know how to have money.
• BE specific:
◦ "I am here to do a currency exchange for my Iraqi dinars and Vietnamese Dongs"
◦ "Would you be kind enough to give me the IQD rate and then the IQN rate so I know which one I want.
Similarly with the VND and VNN." Write this info down on the paper you brought.
◦ Verify the rate at which you will be transacting. Ask to see the screen to see if there are higher rates available
and ask for one if you see it!
◦ Summarize what you plan to do: "Please give me all of the account balance in cash (or cashier's check) and a
receipt showing a $0 balance for these accounts." (present the list of accounts) Use multiple accounts so you do not
mix asset-backed funds with non-asset-backed funds in case this becomes important, i.e. Dinars go into a different
account from dongs, etc. There is info that only the dinar currency needs to be isolated.
◦ "Then we will do the CE. Then I want a receipt after the CE showing the new balance in each of my accounts
◦ "I have a list of accounts here where I will be depositing these funds. How do you wish to proceed?"
• Be clear and concise.
• Take your time. Do NOT let them rush you through one of the most important business meetings you will ever
have. Be patient, calm, controlled, and firm.
• Read absolutely everything in its entirety before signing it.
• You will likely be given an NDA if you are taking the contract rate. Ask for a copy and stand there and read it
carefully. Ask questions if necessary. Get them to sign & date the copy you will keep. Then and only then should you
sign the NDA. God willing we will see a copy ahead of time after the package is released.
• Ask for a copy of everything else you have signed at the exchange.
• Don't forget your copy of every receipt of each transaction that has occurred.
Then go home and open that champagne and welcome to your life of silence! Say a prayer of thanksgiving, for
guidance, and for Tony and DC & their gang.
After the official RV notification and the Bank 800#s have been released:
A. PREPARING TO MAKE THE BANK APPOINTMENT
will be best to not include your name or initials or anything identifiable to
you in your new email ID.
2. Count your IQN/VNN/etc. and know your total (write it down).
B. MAKE YOUR BANK APPOINTMENT
1. You will need to schedule an appointment with a Call Center to execute
your "Currency Exchange".
(NOT: Investment, NOT: Cash Out, NOT: Cash In, etc)
2. Make your appointment for as early as possible. The high rates for the US
are only available for 30 days after the official RV announcement. Rates may
start to go down in that 30-day period.
3. Make a separate appointment for each person that is going to do the
exchange. You may do back to back appointments if they allow but DO NOT GO TO
THE BANK IN GROUPS LARGER THAN 2 OR 3. Security is a major concern for the
banks if they see people coming in large groups.
4. (After These Numbers are Released) Call one (or More) of the following 1-800
numbers associated with the bank of choice to schedule your appointment:
a. Bank of America 1-800-###-####
b. Wells Fargo 1-800-###-####
c. Chase 1-800-###-####
d. CitiBank 1-800-###-####
e. Fifth Third Bank 1-800-###-####
5. You will have only 2 minutes on the phone with the Call Center to make your
appointment. Have the following information ready:
a. Your name
b. New secure email
c. Zip code (to direct you to the closest bank for exchange)
d. Amount of IQN/VNN
(Advice from the boards: They will ask you which available banks in your area
you wish to use for your exchange. There will be no hemming and hawing about
this question. They don't have the time to deal with dawdling or
indecisiveness. The 800# Call Center will tell you where and when your
appointment will be. Don't argue or debate or ask for reconsideration. They
don't have time to deal with you and they could put you at the bottom of the
list and move on to the next person.)
C. GETTING READY FOR THE BANK APPOINTMENT
1. To open a bank account, you will need to have 2 forms of ID. Bring your
Driver’s License and Passport (or Birth Certificate). You may also want to
bring a current Utility Bill for proof of address.
2. Locate the receipts of your Dinar and Dong purchases. Bring them with you.
(In Case you need them)
3. Get a spiral notebook for notes, blue ink pen to sign original documents
with, calculator, and a folder to put signed documents in.
4. Dress appropriately. No hats, sandals, sunglasses, etc. - dress well.
(Advice from the boards: Don't raise eyebrows with scraggly clothes and a
lackadaisical attitude. Your decorum should be professional and your demeanor
calm and dignified. How you act will be especially important because it will
determine how the bank will treat you. They will not deal with difficult or
demanding people. Remember that as you walk in the door, walk in with class and
dignity and appreciation for the blessing you are receiving.)
D. AT THE BANK APPOINTMENT
1. Arrive 5 minutes before the time of your appointment.
2. You will have only 20 minutes to do your exchange at the bank.
3. Be courteous to the bank employees.
4. The bank will inform you about the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) and have
you sign it before you can exchange your IQN/VNN.
(Advice from the boards: Be prepared to sign an "NDA" that your currency
exchange and the exchange rate you are given will be completely kept private
and protected/hidden from public discussion of any kind for a period of up to
10 years. Details will be provided of the NDA and the signing thereof will be
handled during your appointment. This is VERY SERIOUS! Failure to adhere to the
restrictions of the NDA could result in a forfeiture of all funds received,
could result in felony charges and up to a 10 year prison sentence. Once you
sign the NDA, mums the word. All specifics and ramifications will be explained
at the time of signature. Ask for an extra copy (blank copy) of the NDA so that
you may make copies for your Tax Attorney, CPA, etc. to sign.)
5. When exchanging, refer to your Dinar only as "IQN Iraqi Currency". If you
are exchanging Vietnamese Dong, only refer to it as "VNN Vietnamese Currency".
Do NOT say “cash in”
say “currency exchange” instead!
Do NOT say IQD or
VND. Say IQN and VNN so that you get the new rate. (i.e. "Hello, my name is
(your name) and I am here for my appointment to do my "Currency Exchange" of my
"IQN Iraqi Currency" and “VNN Vietnamese Currency” for US Dollars, please.")
7. Do not try to negotiate a higher exchange rate or you may end up paying more
(I don’t Believe This)
E. OPENING NEW BANK ACCOUNTS
1. Open 2 new Bank Accounts (one for your Dinar and one for your Dong). Why? To
easily track for tax purposes because we don't know what the tax rate will be
for the Dinar and the Dong.
2. To keep the tax implications as simple as possible, open your new accounts
as NIB accounts (Non Interest Bearing). You may change this after you have done
3. Flag accounts "access restricted to essential bank personnel" and tagged
as "Non-test/Non-Training" accounts so that only your Private Banker has access
to your accounts and no bank tellers will be able to access them.
4. Ask to have a password put on your accounts so that you will be required to
give that password to do remote banking by phone when needed...like lifting a
spending limit on debit cards or secure transfers of funds for purchases or
5. Be aware of "Sweep Fees" and "Exchange Spread fees" and how they will impact
your exchange. Some, most or even all of them can (up to fees levied by the
U.S. Treasury) be waived by the Bank Manager depending on how much currency you
are exchanging and depositing in the bank. Ask for it to be waived!
6. Get several Cashier’s Checks (have short list prepared to hand to Banker /
one larger check made out to yourself to deposit into existing checking
7. Get some cash (optional). Cash withdrawals at time of exchange may be
limited to $10,000. Some banks may not be able to handle more than $5,000 cash
due to limited cash supply in the vault. Do Cashier’s Checks.
8. Get new credit card/black card if there is time / privileged ATM card
RFID-enabled credit/debit card)
9. Let your bank person know that your email, telephone number, address and any
other personal information are not to be given to anyone inside or outside of
10. Add a P.O.D. (pay on death) clause to each account and signature card. You
will need to name/designate a person that can access that money if you are dead
without the state probate interference. This is considered a "poor man's" trust
where you can list your beneficiaries on the account and upon your death funds
go directly to your beneficiaries without having to go through probate.
11. Ask for a CCC (Clean and Clear Certificate) on Bank Letterhead certifying
that the funds are “clean, clear and of non-criminal origin”. These letters
must be signed originals and may only be obtained at the time of the exchange.
Ask for multiple copies.
F. OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
1. The bank will take your information to fill out their electronic FinCEN form
to send to the IRS.
Again, Only Say: "Currency Exchange"
2. Schedule another time to meet with Personal Banker / Wealth Manager for
3. Get a brand new laptop, use the new email address and only use this for your
bank - now the only secure people that will have your new email address is the
bank & your Personal Banker.
4. At a later time, open a 3rd account for day-to-day banking with new basic
credit card. Move money from your 2 big accounts to the 3rd account as
needed. DON'T DO ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET THAT CONNECTS TO YOUR 2 BIG ACCOUNTS.
5. Keep the 2 Big Accounts and Black Card (if you got one) hidden.
6. DO NOT attempt to wire more than $500K from your account to another bank or
financial institution as this will trigger a "FLAG" event that might result in
an investigation or "Freezing" of your accounts.
7. Any funds in bank accounts over 250k need to have additional insurance. For
example, Lloyds of London does not cover checking accounts but do for other
things - Abbott Downing with WF for accounts with over 50M$. Consider
immediately insuring funds in your accounts until you transfer them over to
other investment vehicles.
8. PAY YOUR TAXES!!!! Pay both Federal and State taxes if applicable. Put away
50% so that you will be covered no matter what percentage it turns out that you
have to pay for your taxes. (In Case)
9. Keep all your documents (currency purchase receipts, bank transactions,
etc.) for several years in case of IRS audit.
10. Most of all, let us give to others and be a blessing just as we have been
61 Questions to ask at your CE Apt"
Note: Not all of these questions may apply to everyone...Just take what you believe fits your own personal
circumstances~ Thank You
EXOGEN : WHICH QUESTIONS FROM THIS LIST WILL YOU ASK AT YOUR EXCHANGE APPOINTMENT?
DO YOU KNOW WHAT ANSWERS YOU WANT TO HEAR FROM BANKERS WHEN YOU ASK THEM
THESE QUESTIONS AT YOUR EXCHANGE APPOINTMENT?
(DO YOU KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS ONCE YOU ASK THEM TO THE
IS THIS PART OF YOUR PLAN AND STRATEGY?
1. WHAT TYPE OF BANK ACCOUNTS DO YOU HAVE AVAILABLE?
2. WHAT IS THE FDIC COVERAGE ON THIS ACCOUNT?
3. CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE FOLLOWING BANK ACCOUNTS OPERATE?
A. NON INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS
B. MULTI CURRENCY ACCOUNTS
C. MULTIPLE CURRENCY ACCOUNTS
D. (THE DIFFERENT TYPES AVAILABLE)
E. INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS
4. WHAT AMOUNT AM I REQUIRED TO LEAVE IN EACH ACCOUNT?
5. WHAT OTHER PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED TO ME TODAY WITH THESE
6. WHAT ARE THE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE BANK ACCOUNTS?
7. DOES YOUR BANK HAVE A WEALTH & TRUST DIVISION SEPARATE FROM THE RETAIL SIDE OF THE
8. I NEED SOME CERTIFIED CHECKS MADE PAYABLE TO (abcd) CAN YOU ASSIST ME?
9. HOW MUCH CASH CAN I TAKE WITH ME WHEN THIS APPOINTMENT IS COMPLETED?
NOTE: LIMITED CASH AND A CERTIFIED CHECK IS WHAT WE RECOMMEND
10. IF I COME BACK TO EXCHANGE MORE WILL I HAVE THIS SAME RATE?
11. WHAT PRODUCTS & SERVICES WILL THE WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM PROVIDE?
12. EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE SWEEP PROCESS WILL WORK?
13. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES OF THESE ACCOUNTS?
14. WILL LOANS AND LINES OF CREDIT BE PROVIDED?
15. IS THIS ACCOUNT ACTIVE TO RECEIVE BANK WIRES NOW? (EXPLAIN THE PROCESS)
16. WHAT PRODUCTS & SERVICES WILL COME WITH THE WEALTH MANAGEMENT TEAM?
17. PLEASE GO OVER ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS WITH ME I WILL BE SIGNING?
18. TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS BANK?
19. HOW ARE MY DEPOSITS PROTECTED AGAINST BANK COLLAPSE, GOVERNMENT THEFT, AND
20. WHAT KIND OF INTEREST RATES WILL I BE LOOKING AT?
21. WHAT TYPE OF CREDIT CARDS AND DEBIT CARDS DO I QUALIFY FOR NOW?
22. WHAT ARE MY CHECKING & SAVINGS ACCOUNT OPTIONS?
23. IF I HAVE QUESTIONS TOMORROW WHO DO I NEED TO CONTACT?
23. DO YOU HAVE A BUSINESS CARD?
24. IS THIS CURRENCY EXCHANGE TAXABLE AND WHAT IS THE RATE OF THE TAX?
25. WILL THIS TRANSACTION BE REPORTED TO FINCEN?
26. TELL ME ABOUT YOUR ONLINE BANKING (NOTE: WE DO NOT ADVISE ONLINE BANKING)
27. WHAT IS THE COST TO EXECUTE TRADES, , BONDS, ETC?
28. WHAT TYPE OF ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CAN I PLACE ON MY MONEY VIA PRIVATE
BANKING & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
29. IS THERE AN EXCHANGE WINDOW IF I HAVE MORE CURRENCY TO EXCHANGE?
30. IS MY MONEY PROTECTED AGAINST DEVALUATION OF THE USD?
31. TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BANK PERKS?
32. ARE THERE ANY STIPULATIONS WITH THE CONTRACT RATE? (IF AVAILABLE)
33. WHAT ARE THE STIPULATIONS WITH THE STREET RATE?
34. WHAT ARE THE KEY POINTS OF THE NDA (IF APPLICABLE)
35. CAN I CONTACT MY ATTORNEY BEFORE I SIGN THESE DOCUMENTS?
36. IF I DO NOT TAKE THIS APPOINTMENT WILL MY RATE CHANGE?
37. WHAT ARE THE STIPULATIONS WITH THE MARKET RATE?
38. CAN YOU SHOW ME THE RATES ON THE SCREEN PLEASE?